College Park, Maryland: National Women's Studies Association; The Feminist Press, 1980-2004.
Paperback. This lot of eleven items ranges from a two-hundred-plus-page history of the National Women's Studies Association to a flyer supporting the legal rights of a Black Women's Studies professor discriminated against by San Diego State University in the early 2000s as well as a Resolution put forth by the NWSA Women of Color Caucus and Anti-White Supremacy Taskforce. An interesting collection of publications and ephemera showing the culture among Women's Studies professors across the United States in the last two decades of the Twentieth Century.
This lot includes the following:
Women's Studies Newsletter/Quarterly, a joint publication of The Feminist Press and The National Women's Studies Association, edited by Florence Howe, Three Issues:
1. Fall/Winter 1980, Volume VIII, Number 4, 31pp.
2. Spring 1981, Volume IX, Number 1, 47pp.
3. Winter 1981, Volume IX, Number 4, 44pp.
4. Re-Membering: National Women's Studies Association, 1977-1987 compiled by Kathryn Towns with Caroline Cupo and Phyllis Hageman, 234pp, rectos only, history of the NWSA.
5. Re-Membering: National Women's Studies Association, 1977-1987 compiled by Kathryn Towns with Caroline Cupo and Phyllis Hageman, Second Edition of 1994, 160pp.
6. Selected Syllabi for Women's Studies Courses: Introduction to Women's Studies, Feminist Theory, Capstone Courses, Senior Seminars, June 1995, edited by Wendy Kolmar & Patricia Vogt, 269pp.
7. The National Women's Studies Association Membership Directory, 2000-2001, 78pp.
8. Circa 2004 Ephemera: "What's the 411 on Pat Washington's Firing--And Why Should You Care?" infosheet front and back regarding the firing of the first Black full-time faculty member of the San Diego State University Women's Studies Department; 18pp Stapled Packet of Xeroxed Resolutions, beginning with one supporting Pat Washington; NWSA Conference 2004 Call for Proposals 6pp blank form; Kabbalat Shabbat Service pamphlet sponsored by the Jewish Caucus for a NWSA meeting in Las Vegas, 32pp, undated. Good +. Item #5923