Garden City: Nelson Doubleday, Inc., 1967.
Hardcover. 8 1/2" X 5 1/2". Five volumes, bound alike in tan cloth over boards, with pictorial scene stamped in blue to upper board, spine backed in orange cloth and lettered in silver over blue. Very mild shelfwear to bindings with occasional scuff or spot of soiling, each firm and sound. Soiling and foxing to top eges of text blocks. Pages are clean and unmarked. A charming 1960s set of these novels by Louisa May Alcott, the author of the beloved and enduring classic Little Women.
This set includes the following:
1. Little Women, Or Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy, illustrated by Reisie Lonette and abridged for modern reading.
2. Jo's Boys and How They Turned Out, illustrated by Ruth Ives.
3. Eight Cousins or The Aunt-Hill, illustrated by Ruth Ives.
4. Under the Lilacs, illustrated by Ruth Ives.
5. Jack and Jill: A Village Story, illustrated by Ruth Ives. Very good. Item #5886