Philadelphia: Rittenhouse Press, 1908.
Hardcover. "The history of nations is, in its ultimate analysis, largely that of woman...."
8 X 5 3/8". 9 out of 10 volumes; lacking Women of the Romance Countries. Red-violet cloth over boards, with black morocco-grain pattern to covers, and woman standing upon a globe surrounded by peacock feathers stamped in gilt to covers and spines. Moderate edgewear to bindings. Spines quite dimmed. Bindings are sound. Pages are gently age-toned, else clean and unmarked. Dampstain to top edge of text block of Greek Women. Each volume is illustrated with a frontispiece. A solid nine volume set of this history of women in countries and civilizations the world over.
This set includes:
1. Greek Women by Mitchell Carroll.
2. Roman Women by Rev. Alfred Brittain.
3. Women of Early Christian by Rev. Alfred Brittain and Mitchell Carroll, with introduction by J. Cullen Ayre.
4. Oriental Women by Edward B. Pollard.
5. Women of Mediaeval France by Pierce Butler of Tulane University.
6. Women of Modern France by Hugo P. Thieme of the University of Michigan.
7. Women of the Teutonic Nations by Hermann Schoenfeld of George Washington University.
8. Women of England by Bartlett Burleigh James of Western Maryland College.
9. Women of America by John Rouse Larus. Good +. Item #5794